"...I have reasons for wanting to volunteer at this
     specific museum. First, it is close to my home and I'm
     tired of the hour plus commute to Washington DC I have
     to do every day already for my regular job..."

     Drat!  We'd love to have you do volunteer work for us -
     I suppose North Dakota is too far for a commute, too.
     Sounds like a dream for us, as there aren't a whole lot
     of trained museum professionals out here in the
     geographical center of the continent available for
     volunteering.

     Chris Dill

C. L. Dill, Museum Director
State Historical Society of North Dakota
612 East Boulevard
Bismarck  ND  58505-0830    USA
P: (701)328-2666
F: (701)328-3710