The Dallas Museum of Art is in the process of preparing a grant proposal to
assist with the establishment of a formal museum archives.  The proposal
calls for the implementation of archival standards and policies, inventory
and documentation of our historical documents and photos, the creation of a
searchable database and digitization of select documents from the museum's
past.  Our problem has been identifying potential sources of funding for
beginning and maintaining such a project.  Significant institutional funding
is not an option at the moment.

Have any of you had to seek non-institutional support for an archives (e.g.
grants, foundations, etc.)?  Any suggestions/advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Darin Marshall
Manager of Libraries
Dallas Museum of Art