>I am interested to hear from list members regarding their institution's use
>of graphic design services:

>If you use outside designers, do you only use local firms? Would you consider
>queries from freelance designers? What advice can you give to freelancers,
>esp. non-local ones, in approaching your organization?

Chris, we use a local outside design firm that works within closely
prescribed limits as designed by another local outside design firm, who
donated the specs of our graphic program as a gift-in-kind. (we can't afford
to use the original designer on a regular basis, since they are among the
very highest end in our city) We would almost never use a free-lance,
non-local firm because we need to maintain a very close relationship with
our designers, and physical closeness saves us money.

Julia Moore
Indianapolis Art Center