Women played an important role in the development of the Museum of Modern
Art.  They are Abby Rockefeller Jr., Lilly Bliss, and Mary Sullivan.
Several sources worth checking out include:

Barr. Alfred H., Jr. "Chronicles." In: _Painting and Sculpture in the
Museum of Modern Art 1929-1967_. New York: Musuem of Modern Art: 1977;
619-650.

Barr, Margaret Scolari. "Our Campaigns: Alfred H. Barr, Jr., and the Museum
of Modern Art: A biographical Chronicle fo the Years 1930-1944." _The New
Criterion_. Speical summer issue 1987; 23-74.

Goodyear, A. Conger. _The Museum of Modern Art: The First Ten Years_. New
York: by the author; 1943.

Hunter, Sam. "Introduction." In: _The Museum of Modern Art, New York: The
History and the Collection_. New York: Musuem of MOdern Art; 1984.

Kert, Bernice. _Abby Aldrich Rockefeller: The Woman in the Family_. New
York: Random House; 1993.

I hope this helps,

Nicole Frost
Program Asst/Graduate Student