My understanding is that the tax law does not permit bonuses to be paid
to staff in nonprofit institutions, in fact, that is one of the
distinguishing characterisitcs of nonprofits.  A bonus is technically a
share of the profits and in nonprofits, 'profits' revert to the
institution. Judy Endelman, Henry Ford Museum &Greenfield Village