It is good to see a discussion concerning fee structures for research and
photocopying.  Our museum is in the process of rewritting its fee structures
and would like to hear of other organizatrions experiences.  I believe that
sometime ago Chicago Historical Society posted a lengthy response concerning
their policy.  As I recall that museum, which charges high fees defends their
position as a matter of institutional survival.  We are currently are
considering a structure based upon membership in the museum and commercial
application.