Could anyone provide pros and cons regarding the desk-top
publishing programs of Ventura and Quark as used in a museum
environment?  I would appreciate any comments.  Thanks

Regarding "noise," I suggest that messages be limited to a
maximum of one message per week per individual.  I cannot
understand why certain individuals find it necessary to
send their comments daily or several times a day.  These
individuals should think about how small the museum world is
and the animosity generated may eventually come back to them
in a way they don't appreciate--such as trying to get a job and
the one giving the job knows the name from their countless
annoying messages.

Conservation Analytical Laboratory
Smithsonian Institution
(301) 238-3712