Mark,

I just want to mention that I still think touchscreens are better than
joysticks or trackballs. However, we have had MicroTouch touchscreens wear out
with dead spots. We have also had someone scratch a screen with a diamond (or
something harder than glass).

Response time is important, but that applies to any program, not just one with
a touchscreen.

Replacing a touchscreen is expensive, but I still think they are a better, more
durable interface than trackballs and joysticks.

The reality is that doing computers in public areas is going to cost money, and
maintenance should be considered.

--john chadwick