I am looking for written reports or data on the effects of scanning on archival
documents or photographs, especially the effects of light levels and quality.  I
have some anecdotal evidence, but have not been able to find hard data.  Even
the one article I found on photocopying archival material that mentioned light
levels and quality referenced a telephone conversation in the footnote.

Can anyone send references to hard data.  Or does anyone have internal research
reports on the subject that they would be willing to share.

Christopher A. Miller
Museum Director
Berea College Museum
CPO 2298