I can't answer your question about the Documentation Center, but as a former emp
   loyee of the Fowler Museum of Cultural History at UCLA, I suggest you contact
them regarding their extensive ethnogaphic collections received from the
Wellcome Collection in the 1960s.  I can't remember the FMCH's registrar's
phone number (I don't think she has e-mail), but try calling UCLA at
(310) 825-4321 and ask for Sarah Kennington at the Fowler Museum.  The campus
operator should be able to connect you.  Good luck!

Richard Chute
Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden