As the chairman of the Library Committee of a county historical
museum, I'm trying to bring some sense of order to a collection
of books and documents that are only slightly more organized than
a heap of paper!  We are already planning an inventory, writing a
library mission statement, and developing operating guidelines.

Could any of you who went through similar situations give me
suggestions on what else I can do to make this process work?  Are
there some established criteria that I should judge our progress
by?  How do we go about cataloging books which cover such a
narrow spectrum of the Dewey Decimal system?  ;-)  Should we
come up with our own catalog numbers?

Thanks in advance to anyone brave enough to help!

Daniel

--
Daniel M. Dumych          | "The whole earth is full of monuments
[log in to unmask] | to nameless inventors."  Otis T. Mann