I have been monitoring all of this discussion with considerable interest
and can no longer resist posing this question :

Why isn't the Smithsonian looking at developing a greater presence by
using Mosaic? I realize that there are people out there whose only access
to the Internet is via AOL and Compuserve, but there are other vendors
that provide true, direct Internet access -- Delphi being one of them --
and Mosaic would allow the same, if not better, access to the images. IMNSHO.

Dennis Moser                     I once declared that we          *
[log in to unmask]                  should digitize it all...        *
[log in to unmask]          Now I may be the last humanist   *
(517)764-6264                    to go through SILS...            *
School of Information and Library Studies&Museum Practice Program *
                        University of Michigan                    *