Dear Colleagues,

As part of our ‘Dreaming of AI’ series, BPOC is hosting a webinar on Inclusive Design in Cultural Heritage: Embracing Sensory Processing and Neurodiversity with Dr. Piper Hutson on April 8th at 8 AM PT/11 AM ET. Dr. Hutson’s presentation will cover how the democratization of access to cultural heritage stands as a pillar of societal progress, it becomes imperative for institutions to adopt a framework of inclusivity that transcends traditional boundaries. She will also delve into the nuances of Inclusive Design within the realm of cultural heritage, with a focused lens on sensory processing and neurodiversity. Drawing upon a rich array of interdisciplinary research and practical applications, this session aims to equip organizations with the knowledge and tools necessary to reimagine their spaces, exhibitions, and programs through an inclusive lens. Participants will explore a variety of strategies and best practices for integrating sensory-friendly experiences and neurodiverse-friendly approaches into their institutions. This includes understanding the diverse ways individuals engage with cultural environments, leveraging technology for enhanced accessibility, and fostering a culture of empathy and understanding within organizations.

Click Here to Register for the Webinar

Can’t make the live discussion? Don't fret! Every webinar we host is recorded and uploaded to our YouTube Channel

We hope to see you there. Have a great week!

Alex Kron | Digital Operations and Collections Information Analyst
1549 El Prado, Suite 8, San Diego, CA 92101