***ARCS Board of Directors Call for Nominations***

Member engagement and strong leadership are critical to the success of ARCS, and the ARCS Board of Directors play a critical role in helping to advance the association’s mission.

As the term of two of our Board of Directors concludes, and in order to strengthen our diversity and meet the needs of a global community, we call on members from all backgrounds and experiences to consider serving.

The FY25 Nominating Committee is seeking applicants for two (2) positions on the Board of Directors to advance the association's strategic plan and support its ongoing growth in response to the evolving needs of ARCS members.

ARCS is seeking professionals to join our board who are ready to help shape the profession for the future. In addition, we seek collections professionals:

-Able to work with diverse members from various geographic, professional, and social backgrounds.
-From small galleries and private collections, or those who steward culturally specific and niche collections.
-Who enjoy or have experience in project management and project organization.
-Who have some budgetary experience.
-Who have strong writing skills and are comfortable voicing their point of view in group settings.
-Who are globally connected, particularly in North and South America.
-Who steward living collections.
-From adjacent fields (e.g. conservation, preparation, archives and libraries) who are at all stages in their career.

Deadline for submission is February 11, 2024.

Find out about the submission process, requirements and expectations, and our Board Nomination Process.:

https://www.arcsinfo.org/opportunities/getting-involved-with-arcs/board-of-directors-call-for-nominations

***Save the Date Textile Workshop April 25 & 26, 2024***
Join us for a two-day, hands-on workshop about the handling, storage, and display of textiles. This workshop is geared toward professionals working in small to mid-sized museums who have little to no textile experience.

Day One: Basics of handling, storing, and caring for textiles
Day Two: Display and exhibition of textiles
Location

Senator John Heinz History Center
1212 Smallman Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

https://www.arcsinfo.org/news-events/event/2410/0/arcs-textile-workshop

-Workshop Seeking Sponsors
The Fundraising Subcommittee is seeking sponsors for the upcoming ARCS textile workshop on April 25 and 26, 2024 at the Senator John Heinz History Center in Pittsburgh, PA.

Please email Suzanne Hale at [log in to unmask] to learn about sponsorship benefits and costs for this in-person educational program. Thank you!