Hello!

Apologies for cross-posting!

I really appreciate the response I received via this listserv to my previous call for participants in my dissertation research on museums, labor, and DEAI (Diversity, Equity, Access, Inclusion)/Decolonial initiatives in American museums. I am following up now with a slightly revised call.

I would love to talk with museum professionals at any career stage who, at some point since 2010, have managed or overseen deliverables-based projects at one or more American museums. These projects are often categorized as ‘special projects’, are funded by grants, and are limited in both scope and timeline, but your experiences may vary and I am interested in those as well! This type of management work may be (or may have been) part of your usual duties, or you may (or may have been) called to take it on outside of your regular duties. Whatever the circumstances, I’m curious to learn about your approach to conceptualizing, organizing, overseeing, and/or carrying out these types of projects!

I’m specifically interested in talking with people whose experience includes back-of-house projects (i.e., collections management, community collaboration, or registrarial-related projects, etc.) at mid-to-large size American museums that steward artifact collections, e.g. Anthropology Museums, Natural History Museums, History Museums, etc.

I would love to hear about both ‘successful’ and ‘unsuccessful’ projects; ongoing, complete, or stalled projects; projects that you originated or projects you were assigned to; and projects that involve(d) some measure of community engagement and/or projects with some focus on DEAI.

If any of this sounds relevant to you and you think you would be willing to contribute to my research, don’t hesitate to reach out for clarification, further explanation, or to set up a time to meet virtually with me! I would also be grateful if you could pass this request along to any of your peers or colleagues who you think might be interested. Interviews are likely to last around one hour and timing is flexible.

Please be in touch at: [log in to unmask]

Thank you and take care,
Haley Bryant

https://HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L&A=1