Hello everyone,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to warmly invite you to join us this evening live from NYC via Zoom (7p ET / 4p PT) for our weekly free and interactive tour.

#147 Considering Art: Considering Fictions - featuring urgent work by Lebohang Kganye.

Although primarily a photographer Lebohang Kganye (she/her), interest in the materiality of photography is ongoing and explored in myriad ways, through her use of the sculptural, performative, theatrical and the moving image. Kganye’s work has explored themes of personal history and ancestry whilst resonating with the history of South Africa and apartheid by incorporat- ing the archival and performative into a practice that centers storytelling and memory as it plays itself out in the familial experience. While her work may resonate with a particularly South African experience, it critically engages with oral tradition as form and memory, as a tangible source material. Kganye uses mainly her family archive to explore and re-enact notions of home and belonging; she employs narrative to tell stories of home, refuge, family, and identity.

In this tour, we embark on some close looking.

Together we ask: What do you see?

Register below for your e-TICKET(s)

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/740482161077

All the very best,

Matthew

You Make This.

https://considering.art

***

Up next.

NOV 01 | #148 Considering Art : Considering Archetypes | Zanele Muholi

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/745640339327

About your facilitator:

Mark (he/they) is an Internationally award-winning Cultural Engagement and Museum Curation Professional with a 10+ track record of driving and creating compelling virtual programs, boosting community engagement, and developing world-class exhibits that impact diverse audiences and communities. Mark is a proud member of the LGBTQQIP2SA+ community and an advocate for the transformative power of art and culture for all.

***

Together - Let's take another look.

Learning & Teaching Resources

Incomplete BLM Reading List | Curated Bookshelf

Get Social - we love hearing from you - you make this

Instagram | Facebook | [log in to unmask]" style="text-decoration-line:none">Threads

We are excited to meet you.

https://considering.art

Considering.Art™
Your voice. Your idea.

The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.

https://HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L&A=1