Veverka’s Blog for Interpreters

http://www.heritageinterp.com/johns-interpreters-blog.html

Hi folks. Another federal tax day welcomes us along with more flooding and tornados.  What climate change? I found lots of new interesting news for you to think about interpreting for this second blog for April 2023 – including weird creatures and events. Let me hear from you if you like the blog or have something to contribute.  The InterpNEWS for March/April 2023 is available with topics on Cowgirls and women of the old West, and my new interpretive course on Economics for Heritage Interpreters is available (http://www.heritageinterp.com/economics-for-heritage-interpreters.html)

Subscribe now if you'd like to receive the new Cowgirls and Women of the Old West issue and see what’s planned for the rest of the year.  Here’s the link.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpnews.html
Cheers,

Prof John Veverka (John)

Click the link to visit my updated Interpretation for Interpreters BLOG page.

http://www.heritageinterp.com/johns-interpreters-blog.html

New Interpretive Stories to Share:

- China discovers strange glass beads on moon that may contain billions of tons of water.
- 2,000 mummified rams' heads were gifted to long-dead ancient Egyptian pharaoh Ramesses II.
- Deadly spiders that can kill in minutes and survive underwater are hiding out in swimming pools.
- Female spiders play dead during sex so males don't have to worry about being eaten.
- T. rex had thin lips and a gummy smile controversial study suggests.
- Stressed plants 'scream,' and it sounds like popping bubble wrap.
-The secrets to extreme longevity may be hiding with nuns... and jellyfish.
- Ancient fishhook suggests sharks were hunted off Israel's coast 6,000 years ago.
- See the oldest human ever found in Egypt in stunning new facial approximation.
- Clever, bird-like dinosaurs that lived 74 million years ago got cozy in communal nests, study suggests.
-1,100-year-old 'ceremonial' Viking shields were actually used in battle, study suggests.