Heritage Economics: A Guide for Interpreters, Planners,
Site Managers, and Educators

Free Introductory Zoom Seminar
Prof. John Veverka
8th March 2023 – 1:00 pm Eastern Time

Hi Folks,

As an introduction to my newest textbook Heritage Economics: A Guide for Interpreters, Planners, Site Managers, and Educators and my new college level course on the same topic, I am pleased to offer a free 1-hour seminar on an Introduction to Economics for Heritage Interpreters.

This seminar will share ideas and examples on:

-         Economics for Interpretive Exhibits – what they “really cost” and the concept of exhibit cost per contact and exhibit cost effectiveness.  Do exhibits pay for themselves or provide proven benefits more than their cost? What is “negative learning” that some exhibits deliver?

-         Economics for Interpretive Panels – what they really cost and cost effectiveness over their life – diminishing returns?

-         And a discussion on what a live interpretive program or tour “really costs” and proving demonstrated benefits from the program/tour.  Are benefits from the interpretive program or tour greater than the presentation costs?  Do live interpretive programs make or lose $$?

It will be a busy hour and handout materials will be provided.

If you would like to participate in this FREE seminar on Economics for Heritage Interpreters just send me an e-mail ([log in to unmask]) to be added to the seminar list and I will send you the ZOOM link and handout materials.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Prof John Veverka
Director