Veverka’s Blog for Interpreters

http://www.heritageinterp.com/johns-interpreters-blog.html

Hi folks. Another February moves on by. I found lots of new interesting news for you to think about interpreting for this second blog for February 2023 – including weird creatures. Let me hear from you if you like the blog or have something to contribute.  The new InterpNEWS for Jan/Feb 2023 is out too on the Buffalo Soldiers, and my new interpretive course on Economics for Heritage Interpreters is now available.

Beginning this year my 2023 issues of InterpNEWS, will only be available by SUBSCRIPTIONS.  Don't get scared, subscriptions will only be $20.00 a year.  You can go to the updated InterpNEWS website for details - and to subscribe now if you'd like to receive the new Buffalo Soldiers issue and see what’s planned for the year.  Here’s the link.

http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpnews.html

If you like my interpreter’s blog please pass the link on to others. Happy to add anyone to my interpretive blog, interpretive courses and publications resources mailing list.

Cheers,

Prof John Veverka (John)

Click the link to visit my updated Interpretation for Interpreters BLOG page.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/johns-interpreters-blog.html

New Interpretive Stories to Share

- Water crisis in West: Massive reservoir Lake Powell hits historic low water level

- Plants 'slept' with curled leaves 250 million years ago, ancient insect bites reveal

- Meet Hinat, a Nabataean woman who lived -2,000 years ago in what is now Saudi Arabia

-NASA rover snaps photos of ancient 'waves' carved into Mars mountainside

-Why are we seeing so many UFOs over America all of a sudden?

-52-foot-long Book of the Dead papyrus from ancient Egypt discovered at Saqqara

-Ants can detect the scent of cancer in urine

-52 million years ago, strange primates lived in complete darkness in the Arctic

-Sea spiders can regrow their anuses, scientists discover

-Who invented the toilet?

-Some carnivorous plants evolved to eat poop instead of bugs. And they're better off for it.

-Giraffe sex is even weirder than we thought, and it involves pee

-Cryptic lost Canaanite language decoded on 'Rosetta Stone'-like tablets

-Do elephants really 'never forget'?

-Which animals are most likely to survive climate change?

-8 possible alien 'technosignatures' detected around distant stars in new AI study

-17th-century Frenchwoman's 'innovative' gold dental work was likely torturous to her teeth

-Medieval religious hermit buried in 'extremely unusual' position had syphilis