Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Start the new year by enhancing your interpretive skills.

Specialty Heritage Interpretation Courses 2023

When I started my career in interpretation back in the 1970's I was lucky enough to work on my B.S. and M.S. degrees in interpretation at Ohio State University, and later work on a Ph.D in interpretation (and teach introductory and advanced courses in interpretation) at Michigan State University.  While at OSU we had 7 actual interpretive courses in our curriculum, there were lots of courses that, looking back, would have been wonderful to have had in addition as well.  Those are some of the courses we now offer professional interpreters through the HITC.

All courses you can start anytime, and complete at your own pace.  These are all e-LIVE courses with all course assignments being sent to the course coach with whom you can talk with, chat with or SKYPE/ZOOM  anytime you need to.

To learn more about the course content just click on the link to the course web site page.  For our complete 44 interpretive services course listing catalog you can click this link:  http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

Developing Marketing Plans for Heritage Interpretation & Tourism Sites and Attractions.
12 Units, 4 CEU's $300.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/developing_marketing_plans_for_heritate__tourism_.html

Planning/Designing Interpretive Panels e-LIVE Course - 10 Units awarding 1.5 CEU Credits $125.00 - http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_panels_course.html

Planning Interpretive Trails e-LIVE Course - 13 Units - 2.5 CEU Credits - $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_trails_course.html

Interpretive Writing e-LIVE Course - 8 Units and 2 CEU Credits $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_writing_course.html

Training for Interpretive Trainers e-LIVE Course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/training_for_interp_trainers.html

The Interpretive Exhibit Planners Toolbox e-LIVE course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_exhibits_course.html

Interpretive Master Planning - e-LIVE. 13 Units, 3 CEU Credits. $275.00 http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_master_planning_course.html

Any courses can be available for teams, groups or docent or volunteer staff as well.  Discounts are available for staff members.00

 If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact me at any time.

Cheers, and Happy New Year
Professor John Veverka
Director, HITC
Publisher - InterpNEWS
Assoc. Editor, The Journal of Interpretation Research (NAI)

https://HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L&A=1