Heritage Interpretation Training Center

Givethe Christmas Gift of New Interpretive Skills

SpecialtyHeritage Interpretation Courses for 2023

 When I started my career in interpretation back in the 1970's Iwas lucky enough to work on my B.S. and M.S. degrees in interpretation at OhioState University, and later work on a Ph.D in interpretation (and teachintroductory and advanced courses in interpretation) at Michigan StateUniversity.  While at OSU we had 7 actualinterpretive courses in our curriculum, there were lots of courses that,looking back, would have been wonderful to have had in addition as well.  Those are some of the courses we now offerprofessional interpreters through the HITC.

All courses you can start anytime, and complete at your ownpace.  These are all e-LIVE courses with all course assignments being sent to the coursecoach with whom you can talk with, chat with or SKYPE/ZOOM  anytime you need to.

To learn more about the course content just click on the link tothe course web site page.  For ourcomplete 44 interpretive services course listing catalog you can click this link:  http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

Developing MarketingPlans for Heritage Interpretation & Tourism Sites and Attractions (bring back your visitors post Covid).
12 Units, 4 CEU's $300.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/developing_marketing_plans_for_heritate__tourism_.html

 Planning/Designing Interpretive Panels e-LIVE Course (Great for zoos, parks, arboretums) - 10 Unitsawarding 1.5 CEU Credits $125.00 - http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_panels_course.html

 Planning Interpretive Trails and trail media - e-LIVE Course - 13 Units - 2.5 CEUCredits - $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_trails_course.html

 Interpretive Writing (Provoke - Relate - Reveal) - e-LIVE Course - 8 Units and 2 CEU Credits$200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_writing_course.html

Training for Interpretive Trainers e-LIVE Course (how to teach interpretation to others). Includes a copy of my textbook The Interpretive Trainers Handbook. - 11 Units and 2CEU Credits. $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/training_for_interp_trainers.html

The Interpretive ExhibitPlanners Tool Box e-LIVE course (includes exhibit pre-test evaluations) - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_exhibits_course.html

 Interpretive Master Planning (for parks, nature centers, heritage sites, etc.) Includes copies of my textbook Interpretive Masterplanning, Vol I and Vol II.  e-LIVE. 13 Units, 3 CEU Credits. $275.00 http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_master_planning_course.html
Group and planning team rates are available for multiple staff members.

 If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact me atany time.

Cheers,

ProfessorJohn Veverka

Director,HITC

Publisher- InterpNEWS

Assoc.Editor, The Journal of Interpretation Research (NAI)