Heritage Interpretive Training Center

Book Store and Resource Center

 Time to update your interpretive library?

 Here is a list of my currently available heritage interpretation textbooks, available as e-books.  All the books are used in teaching our 40 courses available from the Heritage Interpretation Training Center.  Textbooks are also available in larger quantity for professors teaching college courses in heritage interpretation or related subjects.  Contact me for details for multiple orders.  All the books listed are available through the Heritage Interpretation Training Center Bookstore and can be ordered from the web site page via PayPal or Credit Card.  http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretation_book_store.html

 Interpretive Planning Volume 1 (available as an e-book - $30.00),

This is our main text book for our Interpretive Master Planning Course and includes a detailed overview of interpretive concepts and principles.

 Interpretive Planning Volume 2 (available as an e-book - $30.00),

This is the companion text book focusing more detail on planning and design of interpretive media including outdoor panels, museum exhibits, and evaluations of interpretive media.

 Advanced Interpretive Planning - available as a PDF e-book - $30.00.

Our advanced interpretive planning textbook focuses on large scale interpretive planning including regional interpretive systems planning, interpretive planning for large landscape museum (county or multi-county wide), and advanced planning concepts such as mass customization, markets of one, and experience planning.

The Interpretive Trainers Handbook - Available as an e-book - $30.00.

Having taught heritage interpretation for 35 years, including teaching at The Ohio State University, Michigan State University, and lecturing for summer heritage tourism institutes at New York State University and the University of North Carolina plus many workshops and seminars world-wide, this book contains my “secrets”, handouts and teaching aides for helping to teach interpretive philosophy, techniques and methods to others.

 The Interpretive Trails Book available as a PDF - $30.00.  This is the most detailed text book on planning, designing and interpretive planning for self-guided interpretive trails, based on 35 years of actual interpretive planning for interpretive trails world-wide.  This will be an important reference for any interpretive planner, landscape architect or interpretive staff assigned the task of planning or upgrading their trail systems.

   The Interpretive Writers Guidebook - How to Provoke, Relate and Reveal your messages and stories to your visitors in s. Available as a PDF - $40.00 - this is our new Interpretive Writing text book used for the Heritage Interpretation Training Center's Interpretive Writing Course.  How to use Tilden’s interpretive principles, tangibles and intangibles, and telling the “rest of the story” in developing text for interpretive panels, exhibits, or other interpretive media.

Our newest book: 40 Years a Heritage Interpreter,

I am pleased to present Volume I of my reference collection of ideas, handouts and articles based on 40 years of teaching and doing heritage interpretation projects, seminars, training workshops, and having articles published in various interpretive publications. This new book will also be used in our Heritage Interpretation Training Center courses as a main reference manual for articles on a diversity of interpretive course topics.

If you would like a copy, sent to you as a PDF E-book, the cost for the publication is $50.00 USD. You may pay for your copy by using PayPal or Credit Card at the following web site page. Upon our receipt of your payment a copy of the publication will be sent to you as an e-mail PDF attachment.

http://www.heritageinterp.com/40_years_a_heritage_interpreter.html

The Heritage Interpretation Resource Center - Other Free Resources for Interpreters.  Visit our Heritage Interpretation Resource Center web site page: http://www.heritageinterp.com/heritage_interpretation_resource_center.html

for a list of free articles and handouts.  Just let me know the article you want and I will send it to you as a PDF attachment.

 If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact me.

 John Veverka

Director,

Heritage Interpretation Training Center

Certified Interpretive Planner/Trainer