The Heritage Interpretation Training Center

A sample my new/updated interpretive course offerings for Summer 2022 J
Prof John Veverka
www.heritageinterp.com

I am pleased to offer some of my current and newest interpretation courses for Summer 2022.  As for all of my 44 courses, extensive handout materials and textbooks are provided.  See which courses you might be interested in for this and next year and I can chat about how the courses work. etc.   Here’s the link for the complete 44 course catalog. http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

I can also offer group/team training for more than one course participant.  Courses and lectures can be offered via ZOOM presentations and discussions. Ask for details and discounted costs.

Start a course any time – work on the course at your own speed. Chat with John anytime.

Introduction to Heritage Interpretation -
14 Units - 2 CEU credits. $200.00
The basic college level entry course into what makes the message or media “interpretive”?  Provoke, Relate and Reveal, theme development, interpretive objectives and developing the message to be as inspirational and memorable as informational.
Introduction to Heritage Interpretation Course
---------------------

Interpreting the Climate Crisis – 2022

Interpretive Planning for Programs, Exhibits, Panels and Related Services To Help You to Interpret Climate Change and Global Warming Issues to Your Audiences, Communities and Regions.

13 Units, 4 CEU's $250.00.  Our Climate Change special resource issues will be included:

This course has a focus on Fire, Drought, Heat, Wildlife Effects, Flooding and Rainforests.

--------------------

Interpretive Master Planning for Climate Change Impacts, interpreting on-site climate crisis affects (short and long term).

Interpretive Planning for Climate Change (heritageinterp.com)

Updating or Creating Park/Heritage Site Interpretive Master Plans to Focus on Site Climate Changes Visible Impacts on park/heritage site features, landscaped and natural or cultural resources. 10 Units, $200.00

Interpreting Legends, Myths and Fables.
($200.00 course tuition)

Storytelling when folklore is already part of our cultures.

Our cultures are surrounded by legends, myths and fables, all of which had (or still have) important cultural connections. This course is to help you re-discover your sites or regions stories and present them to your visitors, weather around an evening campfire, a guided walk in a historic district or cemetery, through a cultural heritage museum exhibit.
Interpreting Legends Myths and Fables (heritageinterp.com)

When there's nothing left but the story… Interpreting the Abandoned.

Our new course on helping interpreters develop their interpretive techniques, skills and story- telling planning to help them interpret the abandoned landscape, cabin, farm fence line, battlefields, archaeological ruins, sites or artifacts left behind by their owners, waiting to have their forgotten stories re-awakened, brought to life and revealed by the interpretive storyteller.
When there's nothing left but the story - interp. storytelling. (heritageinterp.com) (Tuition $200.00)

 Advanced Interpretive Techniques -Interpreting the "rest of the story".

Interpreting "the rest of the story", a powerful Interpretive communications technique for revealing and releasing the "rest of the stories" hidden in artifacts, objects, historical figures/events, landscapes, or sites through both live presentations and interpretive media text and label copy.
Interpretive Techniques - The Rest of the Story Course (heritageinterp.com)  (Tuition: $175.00).
12 Units, $200.00

Interpretive Writing e-LIVE Course - 8 Units and 2 CEU Credits $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_writing_course.html

Interpretive writing needs to have a focus of releasing the main idea or concepts in a short and memorable format – a great follow-up to the introduction to interpretation course.

- Writing for themes and objectives.
- Tangibles and intangibles.
- Short and memorable
- Active language – paint with words.
- Provoke – Relate and Reveal
- 50 – 100 words for exhibits and outdoor panels
- Work on actual writing projects you may have.
- More to write right. J
- My Interpretive Writers Guidebook is included with the course.

Planning Interpretive Trails e-LIVE Course - 13 Units - 2.5 CEU Credits $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_trails_course.html
Includes a copy of my new “Interpretive Trails Book”

-------------------------------------

Training for Interpretive Trainers e-LIVE Course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/training_for_interp_trainers.html

Skills – techniques – activities and philosophy for teaching (and inspiring) interpretive communications to others.  Provoke, Relate and Reveal.  My new interpretive training handbook will be included for the course.

The Interpretive Exhibit Planners ToolBox e-LIVE course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_exhibits_course.html

This course focuses on the basics for planning truly interpretive exhibits:

- Exhibit psychology of the audience.
- Exhibit load and costs/contact
- Exhibit themes and focus workshop.
- Exhibit storyline flow.
- Individual exhibit planning forms
- Exhibit pre-post test evaluations
- Writing exhibit label copy.

Exhibit rehab – breathing new life into old, out dated and just plain boring exhibits and exhibit galleries with a limited budget. Course tuition: $200.00 – 2 CEU unit credits.
 http://www.heritageinterp.com/exhibit_rehab_course.html

-------------------------------

An Interpreters guide for evaluating Interpretive Exhibits. Thirteen Units - 2 CEU Credits,
$200.00 -
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_exhibits_evaluation.html

What do you do if the objectives of your exhibits are not met, or your find exhibit mechanical issues?  What happens if you find your exhibits create “negative learning”?

--------------------------------

Interpretive Master Planning - e-LIVE. 13 Units, 3 CEU Credits. $275.00 http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_master_planning_course.html
Historical sites, botanical gardens, parks and heritage sites and other interpretive sites.  Below, Interpretive Planning for Nine-Mile Canyon, UT.  My Interpretive Master Planning textbook is the course textbook.

Interpreting Invasive Species - Nine Units - $250.00 tuition, 2 CEU Unit Credits.
Interpreting Invasive Species - Identification, Prevention, Management and Interpretive Media for Public Awareness.
Interpreting Invasive Species (heritageinterp.com)

A Curators guide for helping their docents/volunteers create truly interpretive gallery
tours for Art and Traditional Museums
 $200.00 USD.
A Curators Guide for Developing Gallery Tours. (heritageinterp.com)

Techniques for revealing the hidden stories and meanings in art and artifacts for presenting dynamic and inspirational interpretive tour experiences for your visitors.

https://HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L&A=1