Dear All,

I am pleased to announce the release of the summer 2021 issue of American Art (vol. 35, no. 2).

TABLE OF CONTENTS

·         Red Power in the Black Panther: Radical Imagination and Intersectional Resistance at Wounded Knee, by Louise Siddons

·         Floating on a Chemical Sea: Lucas Samaras’s Psychedelic Emulsions, by Samuel Ewing

·         “I” is for “Italian”: Francis W. Edmonds and the Image Peddler in Nineteenth-Century American Visual Culture, by Patricia Johnston

·         The In/Visibility of Mourning: Seeing Labor, Loss, and Enslavement in an Antebellum Posthumous Portrait, by Christina Michelon

·         Artistic Process and Domestic Labor in Liza Lou’s Kitchen, by Elyse Speaks

To access the new issue, please visit: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/toc/amart/current.

For submissions guidelines, see: journals.uchicago.edu/journals/amart/instruct.

Inquiries welcome!

Robin Veder

Executive Editor, American Art

Smithsonian American Art Museum and Renwick Gallery

[log in to unmask] | (202) 633-8335

AmericanArt.si.edu | americanart.si.edu/research/journal | Pronouns: she, her, hers

https://HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L&A=1