Hello all!
My name is Aislinn Sanders, and I am an Anthropology and Museum Studies graduate student at the University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee. For my thesis, I have been working with a collection of Thai silver bowls and boxes housed at the Milwaukee Public Museum that date to around 1870 until 1930. I am studying representation and the function of these objects with special attention to some of the recurring motifs embossed on the pieces – zodiac and other auspicious animals, stories from the Ramakien and other Thai tales, and common patterns and flora.

If anyone has similar pieces dating up to the 1930s in your museum collection or has any background knowledge about Thai silverwork, I would love to begin correspondence in order to answer some specific questions and learn about comparable items in other collections. I would also appreciate recommendations of other individuals or museums I should contact.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Aislinn Sanders

https://HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L&A=1