I recommend against the Marius stools. We purchased them four years ago or so for our pop-up artmaking workshops and they have not held up well. The legs slip out from underneath people, sliding on tiled floors in particular, and children and adults often fall off them. The plastic seats have warped over time. The screws on the legs have to be constantly retightened. The stools are only used a couple of times per month, but the wear and tear is substantial. I had purchased a similar style from Ikea about a decade ago, but they changed the design and materials to a much less sturdy version that is cheap, not inexpensive.

As we reopen, I'll be researching replacements for these stools so I'd love to hear suggestions as well!

Gina

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 10:40 AM David Lewis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Victoria -
Don't laugh… but have you seen/considered some of the in expensive options from Ikea?

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/marius-stool-black-10135659/

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/kyrre-stool-birch-60416925/

-----Original Message-----
From: Victoria King <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, Jun 9, 2021 12:12 pm
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Museum Gallery Stools

Hi All,

We are looking for stools to use for an interactive experience in our gallery. The stools ideally will be one piece (no assembling - so break downs over time), a moderate height off the ground - nothing like a high bar stool, and stackable. We need around 25 - 30 stools for this interactive. If anyone could make a suggestion as to where to look for something like this, it would be appreciated! We are actively requesting quotes.

Thanks in advance!
Victoria

https://HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L&A=1

https://HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L&A=1