***New Board Member Cynthia Tovar****
Cynthia currently serves as the Senior Associate Registrar, Permanent Collection at LACMA where her team is responsible for the database and physical files of the permanent collection, including processing all new acquisitions. She formerly managed the outgoing loans program at LACMA. Prior to LACMA, Cynthia worked as the head registrar for a variety of mid-sized art institutions, all of which provided her with experience in all categories of registration and collections management. Juggling daily tasks and long-term goals as a registrar is certainly challenging, and it is a skill Cynthia has honed over her sixteen year career. One of her strongest attributes lies in the fact that she constantly seeks to improve efficiencies in the registrar office. Cynthia hopes to share with her professional community the knowledge she has accrued over the years.

Cynthia will also bring her knack for project management and interest in new technologies to the ARCS Board to help the organization with effective governance and utilizing outside-of-the-box problem solving. In serving on the Board, Cynthia hopes to assist with ARCS's already excellent reputation of providing resources to our community, elevating our professional status in the museum field, and supporting diversity, inclusion, and international collaboration.

Cynthia holds a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology from University of California, San Diego and a Museum Collections Management and Care Master's Certificate from George Washington University. She currently lives in Long Beach, California, where she is balancing working remotely while caring for her two kids with her husband Jason. Born in L.A. County and a sixth generation Californian, she loves camping, beach days, and skiing. Cynthia also loves music festivals, experiencing other cultures, and traveling.

***Planning for the Unexpected: Daily Challenges to Collections Emergencies
July 29, 2020 @ 2:00 p.m. EST***
Please join the ARCS Emergency Sub-Committee and industry experts to discuss adapting to
the ever-growing list of collection challenges and emergencies, embracing the fundamentals of
planning for emergencies, all-hazard procedures, understanding scenario-based risk
assessments, working within your existing plan, and adjusting to evolving industry standards.
We will also hear case studies from those who have successfully adapted their emergency
plans to the current hazards and risks affecting museums and cultural sites.

Find out more about this Livestream!-http://www.arcsinfo.org/news-events/event/1320/1/planning-for-the-unexpected-daily-challenges-to-collections-emergencies

***Reminder: Call for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA) Task Force Members***
ARCS is committed to creating and nurturing a culture of inclusion to ensure the ARCS community reflects the diverse identities and experiences of its members. The charge of the new Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA) Task Force is to examine and broaden representation of ARCS. Tasks and activities will include exploring and defining the ARCS mission, identifying policies and procedures to cultivate and retain a diverse membership, and identifying funding sources to help promote diverse membership and allow for accessibility.

Please nominate a colleague, regardless of ARCS membership status, who you believe would be an energetic, knowledgeable, and engaged part of our active discussion. Self-nominations are encouraged.

Send contact information, a resume, and a statement of interest from the nominee to the Vice President at [log in to unmask] using “ARCS IDEA TASK FORCE” as the subject line. Deadline for recommendations is July 31, 2020.

***#ARCSchat Milestone!***
#ARCSchat, our monthly live chat and podcast where our panel discusses the broader issues important to collections stewardship, was recently notified of our 1,000th download by our podcast host Podbean! Click on the link below to either download the podcast or you can always watch the livestream on the ARCS YouTube Channel!

#ARCSchat-http://www.arcsinfo.org/programs/arcschat-

https://HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L&A=1