For those of you who are doing virtual interactive live tours, what camera equipment/mic/ stabilizers, etc. are you using?

Robin Gabriel
Executive Director
Kaminski House Museum

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Matteson
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 4:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Zoom tours

Hi Julie,

Our museum, like most, has had to quickly adapt to virtual programming. We have tried both models that Nicole shared—filmed and via Zoom.  For our filmed tours, we have had the highest engagement when these are live cast and then later shared via social media.  Usually our marketing team films the docent giving the tour and they share feedback or questions from the viewing public with the docent as he/she moves through the galleries.  For our Zoom “tours” we are actually sharing a presentation with images from the exhibition.  This has worked well for both adult group tours and our school tours.  We have found that the presentation method fosters a more engaging discussion with the participants.

I would be happy to chat with you more about these programs and share resources (we have materials for school tours that may be helpful).  Just let me know!

Best,
David Matteson
Associate Curator of Education & Outreach
Orlando Museum of Art

4078964231 ext. 261  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>