Wayne:

If this is a reasonably well known artist who can easily be reached via the
searches you’ve suggested that could work well for her.

However, in case this is a more obscure artist and/or her search using the
suggested avenues yields no results, you could consider one more option
that still protects the artist’s privacy:  with the quilt artist’s
permission you could share her contact info with the sculptor in your
collection and advise the sculptor as to why she is trying to contact
him/her.  This gives the sculptor the discretion of either reaching out to
the quilt artist, giving you permission to share the sculptor’s contact
info with her, or choosing not to take any further steps to allow contact.

John E. Coraor

--
*John*

*John E. Coraor, Ph.D.*