Dear All:

You're invited to register for and spread the word about an upcoming workshop at Rutgers-Camden, Introduction to Online Historic Sources.

INTRODUCTION TO ONLINE HISTORIC SOURCES
FOR PRESERVATION RESEARCH

1.5-Day Workshop with Nicole Belolan
Saturday, October 12, 9:00AM-4:00PM,
and Saturday, October 19, 9:00AM-1:00PM
at Rutgers University in Camden, NJ
1 CEU
$65 (includes lunch on day 1)

About: Are you telling the same old story at your small museum or historic site? Maybe you worry about whether it’s even historically accurate! Join us to learn how to improve your interpretive materials, grant application, or even your rack card so you can start connecting with visitors in new ways using historical materials. In this workshop, you will learn up-to-date techniques for researching historic buildings and preserving and interpreting their histories for today’s audiences using digitized historic sources such as guidebooks, trade catalogues, maps, and museum artifacts. This workshop will cover how to get beyond Wikipedia to find sources but will also provide a primer on historical thinking.

Who should register

This workshop will not focus on genealogical research but instead will help participants ask and answer good questions about everyday life and people at their historic site or home.

REGISTRATION OPTION A:
If you plan to use a Rutgers PC that is already in the lab, register here.
Limit 12: https://ce-catalog.rutgers.edu/coursedisplay.cfm?schID=77429

REGISTRATION OPTION B:
If you plan to bring your own laptop, register here. Limit 8:
https://ce-catalog.rutgers.edu/coursedisplay.cfm?schID=77486

If you would like to pay by check or purchase order (PO), please contact Nicole Belolan: [log in to unmask] | 856-225-6878

This workshop is offered as part of the Fall 2019 historic preservation continunig education offerings at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Center for the Humanities (MARCH) at Rutgers-Camden, which is sponsored in part by the NJ Historic Trust. Learn more about our fall offerings here: https://preservation.rutgers.edu/fall-2019-offerings/

Sincerely,

Nicole Belolan, PhD
Public Historian in Residence
Director, Continuing Education Program in Historic Preservation
Mid-Atlantic Regional Center for the Humanities (MARCH), Rutgers University-Camden
Co-Editor, The Public Historian
Digital Media Editor, History@Work
National Council on Public History
[log in to unmask] | 856-225-6878
Can I make this communication more accessible for you? Let me know!