Museum-L Friends!

The Curation Interest Group is requesting your submissions for our September newsletter. We are an official newsletter of the Society for American Archaeology (SAA) but we are NOT solely soliciting archaeological submissions! We would like to hear from people in all varieties of disciplines and manner of museums. We all care for collections and we all have something to contribute to the larger conversation. Feel free to email [log in to unmask] if you would like to see previous newsletter issues, as attachments can be problematic on the listserv.

CIG Newsletter Call for Submissions: September 2019

As we all trickle back in from our summer field projects, sites put to bed and artifacts sent off to labs, we all have stories and experiences to share with our colleagues. We would love to hear about preventative (or preparatory!) measures taken in the field; teaching summer students about preparing for long-term curation; or any other curatorial or conservational odysseys you embarked upon this summer! If you worked in a lab or a repository, did you make any exciting discoveries in legacy collections? Are you interested in bragging rights about a new collection that will produce 10, 20, or even more theses for the next generation of archaeologists? Did you experiment with new techniques or technologies? Do you just have something you want to talk about, or share with like-minded people? We want it ALL!

We encourage submissions of between 250-500 words, or up to 1000 for full articles. Please let us know if you have questions.

Please send your submissions to both co-chairs to ensure their receipt:

Marybeth Tomka

Jenna Domeischel

Jenna Domeischel, RPA
Blackwater Draw Museum Curator
Eastern New Mexico University
(575) 562-2103
www.bwdarchaeology.com

Confidentiality Notice:

This e-mail, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information as defined under FERPA. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message