From: William Hosley <[log in to unmask]>
I suggest you don’t "hire a professional from the disability community to consult” -they’ll just give you their costly want list and you probably won't find out what is affordable or necessary.

Wow Bill,
It sounds like you have has a bad experience (or two) with consultants, but seriously . . . you might want to check your preconceived notions and stereotypes at the door -- OR -- it's time to find a different line of work!!

Professionals, are professionals. They are hired to perform a certain task, base on their training, credentials, and reputation.  It shouldn't matter if that professional is a man or woman, able-bodied or not,  Caucasian, African American, Hispanic, or Marvin the Martian from outter-space . . .

Imagine saying, "You should never hire a female interior decorator, because all women like to shop and they'll just spend more money." --- RIDICULOUS?!

 - David -
(Differently-abled, museum PROFESSIONAL)