All -

Our pest management firm has recommended the use of nuvan (DDVP) strips to help control carpet beetles and silverfish in closed exhibit and storage areas.  This is in addition to the glue board monitoring that is continuing.  We have concerns about these, and whether they truly fit within an Integrated Pest Management approach, but are curious as to whether these strips are being used in museum environments anywhere.

If you've had experience with this slow release pesticide, or have utilized it at your museum, could you please comment?

Thank you.

Cory Amsler

--
Cory Amsler
Vice President, Collections and Interpretation

Don't miss these current and upcoming exhibits:
Once Upon a Time: Exploring the World of Fairy Tales (Sept. 29, 2018 - Jan. 6, 2019)

and

Manufacturing Victory: The Arsenal of Democracy (February 2 - May 5, 2019)

Visit mercermuseum.org for information about all Mercer Museum and Fonthill Castle programs and events.

PLUS...

Search our online catalog, RolloPAC