Please do not respond to me.  See the email address below to apply.

2019 Collections Manager

The Collections Manager is a full-time employee primarily responsible for preservation maintenance of the museum's historic collection and interiors to achieve the highest professional standards of appearance and cleanliness of museum and associated areas.  This position is additionally responsible for managing daily operations surrounding special events and projects impacting the Manor House.

Ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication with computer proficiency in Microsoft products. College degree in history or related field is required.  Master' degree in Museum Studies or history studies preferred.  Three to five years' experience in a museum setting is preferred.   Knowledge of Past Perfect database and experience managing volunteers highly desirable.  Evening and weekend work may be required.

Full-time staff members enjoy a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life coverage, FSA, and 403(b) retirement plan.  Two weeks paid vacation and 12 days sick time are accrued incrementally through the year.  They also receive 10 paid holidays and a contributing level membership with reciprocal privileges at museums and gardens across the country, discounts in the museum's cafe and store, and the opportunity to enjoy breaks walking the 70 acres of beautiful grounds and well-tended gardens.

Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens is one of the most important remaining examples of an American Country Estate built during the Industrial Age at the turn of the twentieth century. Stan Hywet was home to F.A. Seiberling, co-founder of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, and his family. It is the sixth largest historic estate in the United States which is open to the public and was voted #4 on USA Today's 2018 best holiday historic home tour. We are passionate about our community and celebrate the Seiberling family legacy, "Not for us alone" with unique and engaging experiences for all. Our mission is to preserve and share our historic estate and serve as a resource for educational, cultural and recreational enrichment.  To apply please go to stanhywet.org/careers<https://www.stanhywet.org/careers>

EOE
No relocation expenses paid

Julie Frey
Curator
Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens
714 North Portage Path
Akron, Ohio  44303-1399
Main: 330-836-5533
Direct: 330-315-3226

Open April through December, Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens is one of the most important remaining examples of an American Country Estate built during the Industrial Age at the turn of the twentieth century.  Stan Hywet was the home of F.A. Seiberling, co-founder of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, and his family.
www.stanhywet.org<http://www.stanhywet.org>