Hello Hannah,
The Jane Addams Hull House at the University of Illinois has always done amazing alternative programming.  I do not currently know the staff there but you should reach out to them somehow for your survey.

https://www.hullhousemuseum.org/contact/

I had the privilege of studying in the University's MUSE graduate program and The Hull House was available as a hands on learning space for students.

Good luck with your thesis.

Leonard Cicero