Greetings all:

Below please find information on a "museums and leadership" survey from my colleague, Dr. Julie Johnson. I encourage you to participate if this topic is of interest to you.

Best,
Chris Goodlett

Greetings,

I am recruiting museum professionals (e.g. paid and unpaid people 18 years or older working in a museum/zoo/aquarium/botanic garden) for a research project. The purpose of this research is to
learn more about how museum professionals think about leadership and leader development in our field.

Participation in this study is completely voluntary.
Your responses will be anonymous and accessible by the research team and the IRRB of Bank Street College. Data may be incorporated into larger national datasets focused on workplace learning or leader development; data will be aggregated and your confidentiality maintained.

To participate you will be asked to complete a 20-25-minute survey through an online survey website, SurveyMonkey. I am interested in questions like: What systems exist in museums to support professional learning and leader development? How is leadership being practiced in your organization?  Who gets selected for leadership development programs and what is their experience?  How might this knowledge help professionals lead differently or more effectively in their institutions?

It is important that I have a range of perspectives from people across the museum field and all levels in our institutions. If you are interested in participating in the study, please click on the link to review the consent letter and continue into the survey.

Click or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser to enter the survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PTK66VX

If you received information about this research from another source, you should only take the survey once. However, feel free to pass this invitation along to others you know in your organization and the field. The survey will close January 27, 2019.

Thank you in advance for considering this request.

Julie I. Johnson, Ph.D.

Leadership in Museum Education, Bank Street College