Diane, I believe there can be two options to approach.

1. On the high-end: my family contacting our sponsor, "Answer Racing"MX
apparel to see if they would accept a proposal after the season deadline
for either a 50%+ off the children's line of gear, or if they could give a
further break later in the season for a deal on donated (year-end) close
outs - utilizing the tax and media promotion benefits via donation
form(s).  https://www.answerracing.com/

Answer Racing is owned by Tucker Rocky Distributing and also owns the
rights to "MSR", (Malcolm Smith Racing) apparel.
Note:  As a former MX mini-mom; "Answer Racing" line of children's gear is
the most affordable and has the most positive display of logo....'Answer'.
No bad boy image.

2. On the low-end: There is a team in D-37 that functions as an on-site
auxiliary for riding gear. Folks can donate their helmets, jerseys, pants,
boots, etc. to their pit.  Or, if someone needs an item or two, they can
take from the many racks of gear hanging on display....at no charge.
I'll have to call Bill Howell to get a contact number.

I'd love to help out in writing a proposal that our sponsors never said,
"no." to.
Integrating kids, racing, and education is my forte' !!

cj