Hello Bronwen,

Our carriage house is c. 1900.  The floor is dirt.  We are a rural site.    There is a carriage house at a historic site in a bigger city near us that has a brick floor -- same as what the summer kitchen was built from, c. 1850.

I would Google for archaeological reports on historic properties both in your area and time period to get good data on it.

--
Michelle Zupan
Curator

Visit us at www.hickory-hill.org or on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter: HHEducation

Historic homes of the Watson-Brown Foundation, Inc