Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Interpretive Courses for Fall – ready for school groups?

Wow – where did the summer go?  Are you ready for school group visits and outreach programs?  It’s also time for training new volunteer or docent staff as well.  The HITC offers 41 different courses in heritage interpretation, and here are a few to help you or your staff get ready for the Fall visitations.

You can start our courses at any time and work on the course at your own pace.  As our courses are e-LIVE, you can chat with the course instructor when you’d like when you have questions or need some advice.  You can visit the course website page for details on the course content.

Introduction to Heritage Interpretation Course. 14 Units - 2 CEU credits. $150.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/introduction_to_heritage_interpretation_course.html

Training for Interpretive Trainers e-LIVE Course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/training_for_interp_trainers.html

A supervisors guide to Critiquing and Coaching Your Interpretive Staff, Eleven Units, 1.6 CEU Credits. $175.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/critiquing_and_coaching_interpretive_staff.html

Planning and Managing Interpretive Outreach Programs
(Taking your interpretive services "on the road".).12 Units - 2 CEU Credits ($150.00)
http://www.heritageinterp.com/developing_interpretive_outreach_programs.html

A Curators guide for helping their docents/volunteers create truly interpretive gallery
tours for Art and Traditional Museums.
Techniques for revealing the hidden stories and meanings in art and artifacts for presenting dynamic and inspirational interpretive
tour experiences for your visitors. 12 Units, 2 CEU Credits. Course Tuition: $200.00
www.heritageinterp.com/a_curators_guide_for_developing_gallery_tours.html

 Advanced Interpretive Techniques - Interpreting the "rest of the story".
Interpreting "the rest of the story", a powerful Interpretive communications technique for revealing and releasing the "rest of the stories" hidden in artifacts, objects, historical figures/events, landscapes, or sites through both live presentations and interpretive media text and label copy.
 12 Units, 2.5 CEU Credits, $175.00 USD
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_techniques_-_the_rest_of_the_story_co.html

For more information on all of our introductory to advanced interpretive training courses, have a look at our course catalog:
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

If you have any questions about any of our courses feel free to contact me.  Our courses can also be adapted for “group” participation as well, such as your whole docent or volunteer staff.

John Veverka
Director/Interpretive Coach
The Heritage Interpretation Training Center