Dear List: we received a letter from the Department of Justice informing us that a number of firearms have been recovered that they believe were stolen from museums and historical societies primarily on the East Coast in the 1970s and 1980s. We did have a theft, but the record keeping at that time was minimal and I don’t know if I can identify any of the pieces. We actually did recover a pewter teapot that was very important and well documented and had been stolen with the firearms.  Since the DOJ was involved with that recovery I suppose the record of our theft is on the books, hence the letter.

Did anyone else have a theft at that time, and did you receive a letter?

Thanks!

Candace Perry

Schwenkfelder Library & Heritage Center

Pennsburg, PA