** cross-posted **

My institution has a varied collection, from paleontology, geology and natural history to history and art to anthropology and archaeology holdings.  We currently use Re:Discovery for our collection management database as we can create custom directories for each collection area.  However, we are wondering if there is another system or systems that might suit our needs better.

For general museums, with a similarly diverse collection, what database system(s) do you use?

Thanks,
Leslie

--
Leslie Meyer Ochoa