** cross-posted **

My institution has a varied collection, from paleontology, geology and
natural history to history and art to anthropology and archaeology
holdings.  We currently use Re:Discovery for our collection management
database as we can create custom directories for each collection area.
However, we are wondering if there is another system or systems that might
suit our needs better.

For general museums, with a similarly diverse collection, what database
system(s) do you use?

Thanks,
Leslie

--