From: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Jennifer Roesch
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 5:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Lighting historic house museums

Hi all,

Our 18th-century historic house museum lacks artificial lighting of any kind, causing an obvious issue during the winter season or evenings when the natural light outside does not suffice. We have temporarily been using modern lamps but are looking for budget-friendly solutions to keep our historic house light inside when it’s dark outside. What have other historic houses done to creatively light their museum while having the central focus remain on the historic structure and period furnishings?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Jennifer Roesch

Shirley-Eustis House

Roxbury, MA