From: Bronwen Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sat, Jun 30, 2018 12:27 pm
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Please Don't Touch

You may not be able to use our signs, as they are transportation museum specific. Ours read, "If you don't run your fingers over our vehicles, we won't run our vehicles over your fingers! Please don't touch!".  Usually makes visitors laugh, point the signs out to others in their group/family, and then we have less issue with people touching.

Bronwen Anderson-Sanders, Mifflinburg Buggy Museum

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 3:14 PM, Kayla Altland <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I think the most effective exhibit I have seen was where the museum had a sample of different types of material that people could touch next to a sample they couldn’t. Wood, leather, etc that people could see the effects of how our collective oils build up over time. Also, recently at the Atlanta Botanical Garden by a sculpture I saw a sign that asked not to touch or climb, but encouraged them to dream or imagine. Sorry I can’t remember the exact language, but I’d try to reach out to someone there. It was good, though!

Sent from my iPhone

--

Bronwen Anderson-Sanders, Executive Director
Mifflinburg Buggy Museum