Hi Michelle,

I have received another bit of information from a colleague who is an expert in Fire Suppression Systems for Cultural Properties.  Here is his input:

"For galleries, wet-pipe is generally preferred and most commonly utilized.  I have not encountered situations where an institution did not receive a loaned artifact due to the presence of the sprinkler."

Nick Artim, PE
Heritage Protection Group
Post Office Box 895
Middlebury, Vermont 05753 (US/FS)