Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Specialty Heritage Interpretation Courses

The Heritage Interpretation Training Center offers 40 introductory to advanced and specialty courses.  All courses can be started at any time and completed at your own pace.  For most of our courses, we are the only resource teaching many of these courses.  You can check out our complete course catalog here.  For the individual course sample listed below just click on the course link to go to that courses web site page for detailed course content.  All courses award CEU units as well.  Many of these courses would be helpful for heritage consultants and folks who teach interpretation or do interpretive research and visitor studies.

http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

Developing Marketing Plans for Heritage Interpretation & Tourism Sites and Attractions.
12 Units, 4 CEU's $300.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/developing_marketing_plans_for_heritate__tourism_.html

Interpretive Planning & Design of Marketing Brochures Course. 15 Units, 2.5 CEU credits. $250.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_planning__design_of__marketing_broch.html

Planning Interpretive Trails e-LIVE Course - 13 Units - 2.5 CEU Credits $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_trails_course.html

Training for Interpretive Trainers e-LIVE Course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/training_for_interp_trainers.html

The Interpretive Exhibit Planners Tool Box e-LIVE course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_exhibits_course.html

Interpretive Master Planning - e-LIVE. 13 Units, 3 CEU Credits. $275.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_master_planning_course.html

An Interpreters guide for evaluating Interpretive Exhibits. Thirteen Units - 2 CEU Credits,
$200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_exhibits_evaluation.html

An Interpretive Researchers Guide for Developing Visitor Surveys and Questionnaire/Interview Designs For Natural &
Cultural Heritage Sites and Attractions.
Ten Units - 2.5 CEU Credits. $250.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_researchers_guide_for_visitor_studies.html

Developing and Managing Community Interpretive Plans and Programs
12 Units, 2 CEU Credits, Course Tuition: $300.00
www.heritageinterp.com/community_interpretation_planning.html

Interpreting Gravestones and Historic Cemeteries

14 Units, 2 CEU Credits, $200.00
www.heritageinterp.com/interpreting_gravestones_and_historic_cemeteries.html

An Interpreters Guide for Survival Economics
, or Proving your economic value and benefits to your agency during funding cuts, and keeping your job.
10 Units, 1.5 CEU Credits, Tuition $300.00
www.heritageinterp.com/an_interpreters_guide_for_survival_economics.html

Planning and developing a new commercial tour guiding business.
This course is designed to help folks who want to start an
interpretive tour guiding business get a focused and good business planning start.
17 Units, 3 CEU Credits, Course Tuition - $500.00
www.heritageinterp.com/planning_and_developing_a_new_commercial_tour_guid.html

If you have any questions at all please feel free to contact me.  Check out the course catalog for introductory courses for new staff, docents, volunteers, and seasonal staff.

John Veverka
Director, HITC
Certified Interpretive Planner/Trainer