BE A COLLECTIONS INTERN!
DO SOMETHING EXTRAORDINARY

This is an exciting time to be at the Shaker Historical Society! Gain
hands-on experience working with out collection and processing 19th and
20th century objects! If you are interested in interning with us this
summer, please send your application as soon as possible. We do accept
applications throughout the year but we cannot guarantee that a vacancy is
always available. Right now, we do have two collection internships to offer
for summer 2018.

Duties
Assist in the digitization of museum collections.
Research and write about museum artifacts for the museum’s website and blog.
Assist in the physical organization of museum collections.
Learn how to use PastPerfect IV

Benefits
Gain hands-on experience with collections management software.
Get to know the workings of a small museum.
Attend museum programs and events.
Academic credit available.

Requirements
A professional work ethic and flexible nature
A consistent time table
Academic credit requirements vary, so time commitments are flexible.
Experience in the fields of education or history preferred.
Laptop not required but recommended.

All internships are unpaid at this time.

Please submit a resume and letter of interest noting your availability to
Ware Petznick, PhD, [log in to unmask]
The Shaker Historical Society
16740 South Park Boulevard
Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120
216.921.1201
www.shakerhistory.org

We inspire people to engage in and celebrate the story of Shaker Heights
and its impact on the region… past, present, and future.