From: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Melanie C Deer
Sent: April 27, 2018 9:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Deaccessioned but not removed

Hello All,

So we have a very large collection that recently got deaccessioned (before my time), however it has not been transferred, disposed of, or otherwise dealt with. My understanding is it was deaccessioned with the intent to transfer but that fell through. I now have a researcher inquiring about information on some of the objects deaccessioned.

Do we still have rights to the documentation and images taken of the objects? Or are they in lala land due to being deaccessioned?

Thank you,
Melanie