We are looking for interpreters at The John Marshall House. I hope this is allowed in the group. Let me know if not. Please pass this along to anyone you think might be a good fit. $10 per hour, 20-90 hours per month.

Position Listing:

Interpreter at The John Marshall House:

The John Marshall House is looking for enthusiastic Museum Interpreters!

Are you passionate about constitutional law? Would you like the opportunity to engage visitors in discussions about the often messy history of this nation? If so, please apply!

The John Marshall House is located in downtown Richmond, and served as the home of Chief Justice John Marshall from 1790 to 1835. During Marshall’s long political career, he participated in the ratification of the U.S. Constitution, tried Aaron Burr in the infamous treason case, deliberated what would the standard for Federal Indian law, defined Judicial Review in Marbury V. Madison, owned enslaved individuals and was president of the Richmond chapter of the American Colonization Society and much, much more. The John Marshall House is owned and operated by Preservation Virginia, the oldest statewide preservation organization in the nation.

https://preservationvirginia.com/about/job-openings

cid:image002.gif@01CD551F.85679E40

Jennifer Hurst-Wender

Director of Museum Operations and Education

PRESERVATION VIRGINIA

204 West Franklin Street

Richmond, VA 23220

Phone: 804-648.1889 ex. 315 | Fax: 804-775-0802

E-Mail: [log in to unmask] | Web: preservationvirginia.org

Our mission is to make Virginia’s communities and historic places of memory stronger, more vital and economically sustainable through preservation, education and advocacy.

cid:image003.gif@01CD551F.85679E40Sign up to receive Preservation Virginia's monthly eNewsletter