Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Spring 2018 Courses for Interpreters and Museum Education Staff

Are you getting spring fever?  Getting ready for spring interpretive training for new or seasonal staff, and planning for new experiences and interpretive media?  Here are a few of our “spring training” courses to help you get ready for your new season.  Just click on the link to visit that course web site page for details on the course content.
Planning/Designing Interpretive Panels e-LIVE Course - 10 Units awarding 1.5 CEU Credits $125.00.  Do your panels Provoke, Relate and Reveal?  Are they “interpretive” or just Wikipedia on a stick?  This course will help you plan and design “real” interpretive panels.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_panels_course.html

Planning Interpretive Trails e-LIVE Course - 13 Units - 2.5 CEU Credits $200.00
Self guiding trails need an interpretive theme, objectives and a story that visitors can remember.  You can also use “Markets of One” concepts to have one trail tell 20 stories.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_trails_course.html

Interpretive Writing e-LIVE Course - 8 Units and 2 CEU Credits $200.00
Our most popular course for learning how to say it in less than 100 amazing words and have the visitors remember it.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_writing_course.html

Training for Interpretive Trainers e-LIVE Course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00
This is our popular course for site managers and lead interpreters – our techniques for teaching interpretation to others, with a new text book and discovery activities.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/training_for_interp_trainers.html

A supervisors guide to Critiquing and Coaching Your Interpretive Staff, Eleven Units, 1.6 CEU Credits. $175.00
So you go out on a walk or watch a program with new or seasonal staff, and the program could use some “help”.  Just what are the techniques for “coaching” your interpretive staff?
http://www.heritageinterp.com/critiquing_and_coaching_interpretive_staff.html

Interpretive Master Planning - e-LIVE. 13 Units, 3 CEU Credits. $275.00
Does your park, historic site, zoo or botanical garden have (or need) an interpretive plan or an updated one?  You can work on your interpretive plan as part of this course with coaching from the course instructor and certified interpretive planner.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_master_planning_course.html

Interpretive Planning for Historic Homes and Gardens. 12 Units - 3 CEU credits $225.00 USD
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interp_planning_for_historic_homes.html

Planning and Managing Interpretive Outreach Programs.
(Taking your interpretive services "on the road".) 12 Units - 2 CEU Credits ($150.00)
http://www.heritageinterp.com/developing_interpretive_outreach_programs.html

Planning for Interpretive Experiences.  Employing The Experience Economy, Markets of One and
Experiential Planning Concepts and Strategies For Heritage Sites and Attractions.
Thirteen Units, 2.5 CEU Credits, Course tuition $300.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/planning_for_interpretive_experiences.html

These are just a few of our 39 college level courses in heritage interpretation.  You can start a course at any time and finish the course at your own pace.  You can see all of our courses at our course catalog:
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

If you have any questions about any course feel free to contact me.

Cheers,
John Veverka
Director, Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Twitter: www.twitter.com/jvainterp